Monday, December 8, 2008

the all important follow-through


when i was a kid i used to get lectures after soccer games. "you made a great kick but then you just watched it. you gotta follow-through. you gotta chase the ball after you kick it." the thing is....after those beautiful moves that left the defense dizzy and magnificent kicks that made everyone duck for cover....i would stop and stare at watch everybody else finish it off. "okay, i've done my part..and now i can relax".

it's a tendency i still have fur sure.
I applied for Bible College in Kauai and I got in, yay! Lord willing, if I go, it'll be an amazing time of drawing close to the Lord, studying the Word, and having a blast!
Pretty much the only thing that makes me stop and wonder is money. At this point, I could only save about a third of the money I'd need for the tuition. And this is the point where follow-through is so important. I feel like there are a lot of things to going. Still waiting for more confirmation...but a lot of things that say, yeah...this is a good idea. And so, there's this assumption that....
1. God wants me to go
2. I'm gonna save a little money
3. God will provide the rest
Hey, I have no problem believing that God will provide if He wants me to go. My problem is that I have this silly idea in my head that God will provide the money at no cost to me. It'll just be there. If that's what He wants to do....that'd be GREAT! But my dad was talking to me about this....just that you can't expect people to just give you money. You need to get out there and work towards it too...not at all in a legalistic sense....not in a way that dishonors God's ability to provide. More in a way that a soccer player keeps running after they kick the ball....they follow-through....in a way that a painter actually paints what he dreamed up in his head.
I have this vision for going to Bible College....and if it doesn't work out...I'll be none the worse for it. But, as far as my heart, I just pray I'll be willing to follow-through on it if this is where God is leading :)

No comments: