Saturday, July 4, 2009

the best policy

So, I've come to face-to-face to my greatest fears. Surprise, it's not jumping off high places....or public speaking....or even loneliness.

It's confrontation.

I'm standing dead in front of it. There are some girls in the youth group that need to be talked to about what's appropriate to where at youth group....which basically means just not bikinis. Poor guys :(

Anyway, there's also this other girl who I used to really get along with, then something happened and she won't even make eye-contact with me. Right now she's becoming a good source of turbulence in the youth group which ain't fun. So, Paul asked me if I could try to reconnect with her and just pour into her life. She's the kind of girl who pretty much only hangs out with the guys and has a rough time at home.

Gee whiz, I couldn't imagine being any more out of my comfort zone than all this...if I could get some serious prayer back-up, that would be swell.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

How did it go?

chassafrass said...

it went well!!!
God's teaching me a lot about being gracious and truthful at the same time....dealing in gentleness but not holding back :)
good stuff

George and Sabrina Castaneda said...

Hey!
Yes, confrontation is hard! I have a problem with doing that! Good for you, Cassie :)

-Sabrina