Saturday, October 10, 2009

delay or free time

back in Bible College we had an assignment to memorize a chapter of Romans. I chose Romans 8. It has blessed me more than a month of daily devotions. Although since then I have been slowly forgetting it. So, I'm refreshing my memory and I'm at verse 12 or so in the ESV (especially saved version :). So amazing.

"Those who are in the flesh cannot please God...BUT, you are not in the flesh but in the SPIRIT!" "To set the mind on the flesh is death, but to set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace."

Life and peace.......

anyway, these passages have given me much comfort over the last few days since I learned that Humboldt State isn't accepting new students for a while...possibly a year and a half.

at first, it was quite the blow. i felt like i had to get out of town and fast. was gonna go to portland and finish school.
i'm still praying about what to do and where to go, but i know that the mind set on the Spirit is life and peace. that seems enough.

in the meantime, i have dreams of finally going to uganda....maybe :D

No comments: