Wednesday, November 10, 2010

rainy days

I can get kinda depressed from the overcast weather up in this area. I don't like the rain but when it's just overcast, I feel down. I wish I wasn't so superficial but it really does affect my mood.

Anyway, I teach the wednesday night kid's class and we're going through Abraham's life right now. "And he believed in the Lord, and He accounted it to him for righteousness." I'm trying to figure out how to bring a life of faith to a kid's understanding and as I was driving on an overcast day I thought about how the sun is still shining above those awful clouds. it hasn't abandoned us entirely for the long winter ahead. it's still there, it's only hidden a little bit and it will come out to visit every once in a while....like today, thank God.

In the same way, we can look at Abraham's life in chapter 14 and see how he went through a drought and then threw his wife to the wolves pretty much in Egypt. God seems hidden. but He is still there. and He will fulfill His promises.

"Come, and let us return to the Lord; for He has torn, but He will heal us; He has stricken, but He will bind us up. After two days He will revive us; on the third day He will raise us up, that we may live in His sight. Let us know, let us pursue the knowledge of the Lord. His going forth is established as the morning; He will come to us like the rain, like the latter and former rain to the earth." Hosea 6:1-3

For myself in Humboldt I think Him coming like the sunshine would be more comforting....but it's cool :)

No comments: